Thursday, April 8, 2010

I can't help but wonder

How do people define friendship? What do people have to do for you for you to consider them your friend?

Me I define a friend like this:
Someone you can have fun with even if your doing nothing
Someone who you can talk to and trust they wont tell other people what you say
Someone who is there when you're crying
Someone who will blow off plans when you REALLY need them
Someone who cares if your hurting, sick, or sad
Someone who knows your flaws but loves you anyways
and most of all someone who you would be willing to do all these things for aswell.

I try very hard to do these things for people I consider friends but lately it seems that none of those people are willing to do these things for me. I can only wonder what I did to make these people treat me like I am not really a friend but just some person they hang out with from time to time.

Now what brought this on you ask well...
...I have been sick for a few days now and I'm not getting any better so I decided I was going to go to the E.R. but didn't want to go alone so I started calling people to go with me and NOONE will. Even tho many of these people I have bent over backwards for in the past. Sad part is none of them had to do ANYTHING. I would have picked them up from their house and taken them back home when I got out but yet noone was willing to go. I don't ask my friends for much because I don't ever feel right about asking people to do things for me even tho they ask me for things quite often. They only one of them that even said they would go is my bestfriend but she has a baby so I wasnt going to have the baby around me out of fear she would get sick.

I feel quite betrayed at this point and I hope that someday people will learn to be better friends to the right people.

No comments:

Post a Comment